Polycom CX5000 Unified Conference Station
Polycom CX5000 Unified Conference Station
The Polycom® CX5000 Unified Conference Station adds a unique group voice and video collaboration experience to Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2007 and Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007, giving remote participants a 360-degree panoramic view of the conference room and video that automatically tracks the flow of conversation for more productive andefficient meetings.
Unique and Engaging Meeting Experience
The Polycom CX5000 solution enables you to use video, voice, and content together through Microsoft Live Meeting 2007, either as a hosted service or through Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007. A 360-degree panoramic view of the entire room is sent to all far-end participants, providing a continuous view of everyone in the meeting room. In addition, a second video view of the active speaker is also sent, using advanced technology that automatically focuses on the current speaker and tracks the flow of conversation so that the active speaker can always be identified.
Both of these video views plus the content being shared are all shown on the same screen for remote participants who are connected to the same Live Meeting 2007 session. When used with the Office Communicator 2007 client in an Office Communications Server 2007 environment, the active speaker view is sent to all remote participants, bringing video, voice, and instant messaging into one seamless experience.
Easy to Deploy and Use
An intuitive design with full plug-and-play functionality makes it easy to deploy and use the Polycom CX5000 with little or no training. The Polycom CX5000 is a USB device that easily connects to any PC running the Live Meeting 2007 or Office Communicator 2007 client.
In a conference room, anyone with a laptop PC and one of these applications can simply plug the Polycom CX5000 into their PC and start sharing voice, video, and content with remote participants. The remote participants need no additional equipment, just a computer and a network connection, to join the meeting with panoramic and active speaker video.
Polycom and Microsoft Solutions
Polycom offers a full suite of voice and video conferencing and telepresence solutions that interoperate with Office Communications Server 2007. The Polycom CX5000 adds a unique plug-and-play group video experience to this family of solutions. In addition, its integration with Live Meeting 2007 makes it easy for organizations of any size to add voice and video collaboration to multisite meetings
- Automatically focus on the current speaker while tracking the conversation flow
- Fully engage all participants by providing a 360° view of the conference room
- Enable a fast ROI by immediately enhancing team collaboration through more effective and faster decision making, improved interaction and lower costs
- Set up and conduct meetings easily with simple to use USB plug-and-play features that require little or no training to use
- Easily record meetings for playback with synchronized voice, video and content, using Live Meeting 2007
Your infrastructure must include Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 or Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2007.
Polycom CX5000 Unified Conference Station Technical Specification
- Camera resolution: 3700 x 600 pixels
- Panoramic video resolution: 1056 x 144 pixels
- Active speaker video resolution
- CIF: 352 x 288 pixels
- VGA: 640 x 480 pixels
- Frame rate for panoramic and active - speaker video:
- 15 frames per second with 60 Hz AC - power
- Console Loudspeaker
- Frequency response: 300 Hz - 3.4 kHz --in PBX/PSTN mode, 150 Hz - 7.5 kHz when used with Office Communications Server 2007 or Office Live Meeting 2007
- Volume: Adjustable to 89 dBA SPL (peak) --volume at 0.5 meters
- Console Microphones
- 6 directional microphones, 150 Hz - 3.4 --kHz
- Full Duplex (Class 2)
- 12.5 frames per second with 50 Hz AC --power
- Operating temperature: 0º - 40ºC
- Relative humidity: 15% - 85% (noncondensing)
- Storage temperature: -40º - 60ºC
- Recommended Room ConditionsRoom reverberation time: RT60 <0.600 • seconds
- Ambient noise level: <50 dBA SPL
- Optimal lighting conditions: 300 lux, with a single lighting temperature (no mixed lighting)
- Maximum recommended table length: 16 ft.