To use the 3CXPhone with VoIPon, you need to configure it as follows:
- Start 3CXPhone from the 3CXPhone program group or by double-clicking on the tray icon.
- The first time you start 3CXPhone, it will automatically create a new connection profile. Otherwise, click the new button to create a new profile. Enter a name for the connection.
- Enter your SIP ID (sometimes referred to as User name, Authentication ID) in the ‘Extension’ AND in the ‘ID’ field. Specify your password in the ‘Password’ field. These details will have been provided to you by VoIPon.
- Select the option “I am out of the office” and specify the name or the public IP of the SIP server (also referred to as registrar server or SIP registrar) of your VoIP Provider. For example, sip.myvoipprovider.net
- VoipOn also provides an outbound proxy therefore, select the "Use Outbound Proxy Server" option and specify the outbound proxy given by VoIPon.
- Click OK to create the connection. Once you have logged in successfully, your user name will be shown at the top on the right hand side.